Current Vacancy: Hydrologist
Are you an enthusiastic and highly motivated graduate / post graduate seeking the right opportunity to further progress your career? We are currently recruiting for a hydrologist, offering an opportunity to gain experience working on a range of projects from local flood studies to international research projects. We are seeking a highly skilled individual with expertise using Arc GIS including the spatial analyst and 3d analyst extensions.
For the role the candidate should have:
- A first degree in geography, environmental science, civil engineering or a related science subject
- Completed a PhD in hydrology or have a Masters’ degree in hydrology, water resources, environmental management or relevant subject with at least 3 years’ experience in consultancy
- A good understanding of flood management, particularly in relation to the insurance sector including experience of flood mapping, flood catastrophe modelling, flood risk assessments, the design of SUDS and artificial wetlands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good attention to detail, record keeping, presentation and report writing skills
- An attitude which is flexible, intuitive, adaptable and self-motivated
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
- The ability to programme in Python or other languages would also be an advantage.
Other appropriate skills would be in the application and development of hydrological models, data analysis in XL and experience in undertaking hydrological related fieldwork.
Hydro-GIS is a small, specialist team of experienced individuals. We are committed to recruiting and developing staff of the highest calibre – people who have the desire and determination to succeed and be ambitious, not only for themselves but for their colleagues and clients too. We provide a relaxed working environment where we share knowledge, ideas and experience to underpin our value of working collaboratively.
The Hydro-GIS office is based in Oxfordshire but we offer all our staff the flexibility to work from home.
The successful candidate would be expected to attend the office for occasional face-to-face meetings and to undertake fieldwork which can be across the UK and overseas but is commonly within the Thames Valley area.
How to apply
Please e-mail a CV and short covering letter to Sabine Rodda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 31/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19